Responsible Leadership for a Game Changing plan means as an Individual, you need to work through
- to find the signals of future trends,
- building on your strengths and capabilities,
- finding the worthy purpose and main areas where you like to have your mission to add value. You need to
- clarify your ambition in those areas for both and short and long term,
- define your value proposition as a leader or board member
- develop your coaching ability to ask empowering questions and foster self-generated insights and goal-clarity
- find the resources or partners to co-develop and/ or support you on the journey, and
- find ways to experiment and find inspiration and energy to stay the course.
The expectations on leaders to handle complex and conflicting demands, requires successful leaders to combine the paradox traits of six roles:
- Strategic Executor – Has bold ideas as well as practical capabilities needed to realize visions
- Tech-Savvy Humanist – Drives technology enhancements to generate future success while remembering that organizations are run by people, for people
- High-Integrity Politician-Navigates the organizational dynamics to make things happen while remaining highly principled
- Humble Hero – Has the confidence to act decisively in an uncertain world and the humanity to admit mistakes
- Globally minded localist – Navigates a world that is increasingly both global and localized, looking for places where scale truly matters
- Traditioned Innovator– Uses the past to help direct the company’s success while also creating a forward-focsed culture that allows for innovation, failure, learning and growth
“Only when we are brave enough to explore the darkness will we discover the infinite power of our own light.” — Brené Brown
To inspire you for developing your leadership, find more insights on the topic of Exploring Leadershipand Modern Corporate Governance from our Intelligence Maps, Briefings, and Curated Podcast Lists:
To support the transformation, you might find it helpful to also take guidance from some of our articles and books, based on academic research we have contributed to over the last years. Based on our academic research on
- Board and Chairman Practices, the book “Leading a Board – European Chairman Practices” includes modern chairman practices and was released 2021.
- AI and governance, the book “AI Leadership for Boards” includes guidance on six focus areas to guide and supervise AI, released 2020.
- Corporate Renewal, Innovation and Sustainability, the article “Innovation and Corporate Renewal also Disrupt Boards” shares examples of transformative boards good practices. And we continue our quest and plan to release another book on on “Corporate Renewal and Sustainability Innovation” this year.
For more exchange and interaction with fellow board directors, welcome to explore
- Digoshen Exploring Leaders – Focus Modern Corporate Governance for international leaders. Only for leaders with board memberships. Includes both open free interactive webinars, insights available via a digital platform, and deep dive international exchange programs
- Boards Impact Forum– Focus Driving Climate Action and Sustainability from the Boardroom – Webinars open for all, Membership and peer exchanges reserved for board members.
- Swedish Chairman Network – Focus on Chairman practices in Swedish headquartered companies. Membership and peer exchanges reserved for chairs, offered via Swedish Academy of Board Directors